FAQ - about enclosures
Frequently asked questions about pool, spa and patio enclosures
- What is the difference between twin-wall and compact polycarbonate?
Clear twin-wall polycarbonate thickness 8 or 10 mm is clear and non-transparent. This polycarbonate has cells therefore its better insulation (U=3,1 W/m2 K). 4mm thick polycarbonate is clear, colourless and transparent. Compared to twin-walled polycarbonate insulate less. ( U=5,4 W/m2 K).
- Is it possible to manipulate with segments along the whole length?
Yes, it is. Segments can be moved both directions.
- How wide is each segment?
Width of segments depends on length of the colour and number of segments (1,5 – 2,5m in compliance with construction and type of the pool enclosure).
- Is it possible to make an enclosure exactly in accordance with customer’s requests?
Yes, all swimming pool enclosures (except standardized models) are made (without any extra charge) exactly in accordance with customer’s request.
- What is difference between STANDART and PROGRESS construction?
Construction STANDARD is made out of 50×38 carrying profiles. Construction PROGRES is made out of carrying profiles 60×63. Their use depend upon inner width of the enclosure and location of the roller (e.g. mountain area etc).
- What is the swimming pool enclosure made of?
Swimming pool enclosures are made of aluminium profiles (Al, Mg, Si alloy) with surface treatment (natural elox colour or white RAL 9010, beige RAL 1015, green RAL 6009, anthracite DB703). The aluminium frame is filled with polycarbonate sheets Makrolon. All connection accessories are stainless steel. It is necessary to use the highest quality material as swimming pool thanks to the chemicals in the water forms aggressive environment which attacks all corrosive materials.
- Is it normal that the twin-walled polycarbonate has condensation inside?
Yes, condensation inside the twin-walled polycarbonate is normal and it is impossible to avoid it. This condensed water is disposed by drain channels.
- How should I prepare the enclosure for winter?
Enclosures do not need any special treatment for winter time. It is enough if you close and secure all segments and doors. It is important to remove any layer of snow. By doing so, you prevent overloading and damaging structure of the swimming pool enclosure.
- What guarantee do we offer?
Guarantee is 3 years on the whole enclosure, 10 years on surface treatment of profiles, 15 years on polycarbonate.
- How long does it take to assemble an swimming pool enclosure?
Duration of the installation depends on size of an pool enclosure and foundation. Smaller enclosures take approximately 3-4 hours.
- What is delivery time?
Delivery time is between 6-8weeks from the order (depends on factory’s workload).
- Does colour of polycarbonate affect temperature inside of the pool enclosures?
Yes, general rule is that darker colours of polycarbonate slightly decline water temperature (approximately 1-2 °C) comparison to clear polycarbonate.
- How much the enclosure can rise temperature of water in swimming pool?
The swimming pool enclosures can rise a temperature of water according to local conditions (from 6 to 10 °C).
- Is it possible to use the pool all year round?
Swimming pool enclosures are used to extend swimming season. In winter time you would have big heat lost.
- Is it necessary to have concrete basement under rails?
Yes, for easy glide of segments it is necessary to have concrete basement.
- How far from edge of the swimming pool can be rails put?
General rule: distance between rail and edge of pool = height of the pool above ground (e.g. lip of the pool is 6cm that means inner end of rail can be 6 cm).
- How to maintain the swimming pool enclosure?
It is very easy to look after your pool enclosure. Just wash it with jet wash, make sure there are not any foreign object in the rails and on surface of the swimming pool enclosure.
- How can I order my swimming pool enclosure?
You can order an swimming pool enclosure via e-mail or telephone. It is also possible arrange a no obligation meeting where we will explain all details, describe many option we offer (colour, size, style etc.) then we ca prepare offer just for you.
- Why should I enclose my swimming pool?
When the pool is enclosed it extend swimming season from spring to autumn. It also cut the cost of heating and prevents heat lost. Makes pool maintenance easier, shorters pool maintenance time, keeps the water free from dirt, prevents accidents (e.g. children or animals falling into water) In hot days you can simply shift the enclosure behind pool and enjoy open-air swimming pool.