PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Information on the processing of personal data of ALUKOV UK Ltd. customers
Who are we and what is our status with regard to personal data processing?
ALUKOV UK Ltd. with its registered office at Suite 5, 21 Farncombe Street, Godalming, GU7 3AY, company ID: 05636999, has the legal status of personal data collector in relation to the personal data of its customers (hereinafter referred to as “the Collector”).
ALUKOV UK Ltd. processes the personal data of all its customers that hold the status of ordering parties according to work contracts for the production/assembly/installation of products of ALUKOV UK Ltd., or parties interested in concluding such a work contract that are also natural persons, or when natural persons are listed as contact persons of legal persons (hereinafter referred to as “the Customer”).
In accordance with what legal regulations do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data on the basis of and in accordance with relevant legal regulations, particularly with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and the repeal of Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), hereinafter referred to as “the Regulation”). Personal data are always processed for certain reasons and using processing ways and means that correspond with the relevant lawful basis for the processing according to Article 6 of the Regulation.
This document titled “Information on the processing of personal data” of Customers contains both transparent information in accordance with the provisions of Articles 13 and 14 of the Regulation and information for data subjects about their rights in accordance with the provisions of Articles 15 to 22 of the Regulation.
The Collector is responsible for the processing of personal data of Customers and other groups of data subjects, and he has implemented internal organizational, technical and other measures to secure and protect the processed personal data that are listed in the Directive on Personal Data Processing and protection at ALUKOV a.s. (hereinafter referred to as “the Directive”).
How can you contact us in relation to your personal data?
Customers have the right to contact ALUKOV UK Ltd as the Collector when they have any questions related to the processing and protection of personal data and use their rights as data subjects with the Collector:
- In written form as a letter / a notice to the address of the Collector’s registered office, Contact Point for Personal Data Protection – Alukov UK Ltd, Suite 5, 21 Farncombe Street, Godalming, GU7 3AY
- Electronically at the email address of the Contact Point for Personal Data for the purpose of: unsubscription email@example.com
- Electronically at the email address of the Contact Point for Personal Data for the purpose of: changes firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone at: 079 555 22 502
- In person at the Contact Point for Personal Data established at the reception of Alukov UK Ltd., Suite 5, 21 Farncombe Street, Godalming, GU7 3AY
If you are our customer or you would like to be, what personal data will we need and how will we process it?
The Collector processes the categories of Customers’ personal data in the following extent:
- When negotiating about a work contract: first name, surname, email address, phone number, residence address / contact address.
- For work contracts: first name and surname, business name (if applicable), residence address or address of the registered office (for businesses), company ID (if assigned), email address, phone number.
- If the Customer (the ordering party) is a legal person, the following details are needed for contact persons – natural persons: first name, surname, email address, phone number.
The given personal data are necessary for the conclusion of a work contract (the identification of contracting parties, delivery and installation/assembly of products, complaint procedure, etc.), and unless you provide this data, the contract cannot be concluded.
- For sending marketing and commercial communications: email address (for electronic communications), first name, surname and contact address (for communications in paper form)
The given personal data are necessary for sending marketing and commercial communications in the relevant given form. Unless you provide it, we unfortunately won’t be able to send you such communications.
Who else processes your personal data?
Personal data processors
In relation to the personal data of Customers with whom the Collector concluded Work Contracts, the Collector may appoint by contract the following subjects –processors to process your personal data:
- Administrators of the Internet network of the company, administrators of websites and web applications, subsidiaries, contracted supply companies solely for the purpose of order fulfilment.
- Personal data may be further transferred to a lawyer or a law firm for the purpose of dealing with potential disputes over contracts for work or in relation to them.
For what purposes and on what legal bases do we process your data?
Purposes for personal data processing
The Collector processes the obtained personal data of Customers for the following purposes:
- The performance of a contract / negotiations about a work contract
- The protection of properties and the security of persons (video recordings from video surveillance in the event that the Customer visits the Collector’s registered office / place of business in person)
- Fulfilling obligations arising from tax and accounting legal regulations
- Only with explicit consent: sending commercial and marketing communications, i.e. offers for goods (products) of the Collector and his services, information about promotional offers and discounts, sending a monthly newsletter in electronic form and invitations to marketing and social events held by the Collector
- Only with explicit consent: taking and using a photograph or video recording: promotion of the Collector’s goods and services
Legal bases for personal data processing
The legal bases for the processing of the Customer’s personal data as defined in Article 6 of the Regulation in relation to the processing purposes stated above are:
- Fulfilment of the contract (i.e. work contract)
- Fulfilment of the Collector’s legal obligations (i.e. obligations arising from legal regulations, particularly accounting and tax regulations)
- Legitimate interests of the Collector
- The consent of the Customer (to sending commercial and marketing communications, taking and processing a photograph or video recording)
We can send commercial communications related to similar products to present Customers whose email addresses were obtained by the Collector in relation to product sales without their consent in accordance with Act No. 437/2017 Coll. on Certain Information Society Services while the Customer always has the right to simply refuse the sending of such communications free of charge.
What methods and means do we use to process your data?
Methods and means of personal data processing
Customers’ personal data are processed with the following methods and means by the Collector:
- Automated processing
In information system CRM system CONTACT PRO, accounting software, an order book and a web publishing system
Video surveillance system:
Owned by Wey Investments, Suite 4, 21 Farncombe Street, Godalming, GU7 3AY
- Manual processing
In paper form – work contracts (including orders / order confirmations), delivery notes, claim protocols, price offers, solemn declarations, assembly evaluation questionnaires, tax documents (particularly invoices, corrective invoices).
The Collector does not use your personal data for profiling or automated individual decision making.
How long do we store your personal data?
Period of personal data storage
The period of storage, i.e. processing of Customer’s personal data by the Collector, is as follows:
- Until the negotiation about a contractual relationship is over if a contract was not concluded
- For the period of the duration of the contract (including the warranty period)
- For the period of the fulfilment of obligations arising from tax and accounting legal regulations (i.e. up to 10 years)
- If a dispute arises – for the period until the disputed is resolved outside the court, or for the period of the relevant court or related proceedings
- For the period until the consent to personal data processing is withdrawn in the case of granted explicit consent (for marketing and commercial communications)
Are you subscribed to or would you like to be subscribed to commercial and marketing communications? What does this mean in relation to personal data?
Commercial and marketing communications: offers for goods (products) of the Collector and his services, information about promotional offers and discounts, sending a monthly newsletter in electronic form and invitations to marketing and social events held by the Collector. For the purpose of sending these communications, you can provide us with your data below.
We can send you these communications if:
- You have provided us with your explicit consent, either in written form when we met in person or by email, or if you ask us to do so directly through our website (https://www.alukov.co.uk/enclosure-catalogues/) while you, as a customer, always have the option to simply refuse the sending of these communications free of charge (the opt-out principle)
- You are a present customer whose email address we obtained in relation to product sales, we may send you commercial communications concerning similar products even without your previous consent in accordance with Act No. 480/2004 Coll. on Certain Information Society Services, while you, as a customer, always have the right to simply refuse the sending of these communications free of charge (the opt-out principle).
What personal data are sufficient for these purposes?
- In the case of a written consent when we met in person or a request sent by email, your email address, first name and surname are sufficient
- If you ask for the sending of catalogues or commercial and marketing communications at our website https://www.alukov.co.uk/enclosure-catalogues/ only your email address will do. You will receive an email in which you will confirm your interest in the sending of these communications.
The consent to personal data processing for these purposes can be withdrawn at any time by clicking the link in the commercial communications that you don’t wish to receive such communications any longer (the opt-out principle) or in any way stated above.
Would you like to fill in or have you already filled in an inquiry form at our website? What does this mean in relation to personal data?
If you fill in an inquiry form (the footer at www.alukov.co.uk or https://www.alukov.co.uk/contacts/ ), you do so because you are interested in our products and services, and you wish to get more information. Such contact is in no case binding and does not imply the conclusion of a contract. We will contact you based on the provided data and information with the aim of finding the best possible solution for you, with regard to both technical issues and price.
What personal data are enough for these purposes?
- First name, surname, postcode, phone number and email address, with at least a short description of the product you wish to receive.
- If you also provide the street and the city of your residence, we will be also able to transfer your data to the closest place of business, which will certainly find the best solution for you knowing the local conditions.
Do we process “sensitive personal data”?
Sensitive data (according to the Regulation, this is a special category of personal data) are mainly data referring to the racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion and philosophical beliefs, memberships in trade unions, genetic and biometric data, health-related data and data about one’s sexual life, and data about criminal convictions or definitive convictions.
We do not collect or process any sensitive data.
If you visit us in person, you may be captured on a camera. Why do we do this?
Video surveillance system
The video surveillance system is operated by the Collector at his registered office / place of business at: 4 Suite, 21 Farncombe Street, Godalming, GU7 3AY, as a system with video recording function. The owner of the video is company Wey Investment on address above.
The video surveillance systems consist of a total of 6 cameras that are put into operation to check and monitor the following places: the entry to the premises of the registered office / place of business, handling areas of the place of business.
The video surveillance system is operated by the Collector under the following conditions:
- The purpose of processing: the protection of properties and security of persons
- Legal basis: legitimate interests of the Collector
- Without the consent of data subjects
- The concerned data subjects: employees; agency employees; suppliers (natural persons pursuing business), and other natural persons that spend some time on the premises of the registered office / place of business (students, visitors)
- Categories of personal data: descriptive – video recordings (of a face, figure);
- The place of recording storage: at the address above
- The period of recording processing/storage: seven (7) days from the day on which the recording was taken
- Physical protection and technical security of the system: a room designated for recording storage, the records are technically blocked, restrictions of access authorization.
The areas monitored by the video surveillance system are visibly marked with information plates that include a pictograph and a short informative text.
What are your rights as a data subject? What can you ask us for?
Customers as data subjects have the following rights in relation to the Collector:
- The right to withdraw their explicitly given consent to personal data processing (e.g. for marketing or commercial communications, for taking a photograph or a video recording and processing it)
- The right to access the personal data, particularly the right to ask the Collector for information about the processing of his/her personal data
- The right to the correction of personal data if they are recorded inaccurately
- The right to delete the personal data (“the right to be forgotten“);
- The right to limit the processing of personal data
- The right to transfer personal data
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Collector against personal data processing
- The right not to be subject to automated individual decision making, including profiling (with exceptions).
Besides this, the data subject is entitled to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, namely:
ICO, Information Commissioner’s office
Email address: email@example.com